Thursday, March 18, 2010

I Missed You!

How like a winter hath my absence been
From thee, the pleasure of the fleeting year!
What freezings have I felt, what dark days seen!
What old December's bareness everywhere!
~William Shakespeare, "Sonnet XCVII"


Hey, everyone...everyone who has not been paying attention to my blog as there hasn't been much to read.

I'm back.

Maybe it's the gorgeous sunshine, the feeling of spring. Not quite sure, but I miss the diner. Time to open the doors again.

I'm still writing a lot, revising two manuscripts, and trying to keep up with my online students who have just submitted their first essay, expository essays featuring their hometowns in some way. I look forward to reading them. Some of the topics are great.

But I miss all of you.

So, I'm back to blogging. I'll have something fresh and fantastic for you on Monday for the revival of Rainy Days and Mondays.

But today, it's all about returning after a long hiatus. So, what have you missed? I received several rejections for THESE WALLS CAN TALK (previously titled THE DINER ON THIRD, and the impetus for starting this virtual diner). I still have a few submissions floating around the literary agenting world, but I'm not too hopeful. The manuscript needs work, so that's what it is getting.

While I let THESE WALLS CAN TALK sit for a few months, I drafted another YA manuscript, BROKEN. I promise to tell you more about BROKEN in coming months, but it's a lot of fun and incorporates prom, summer camp, growing up fast, and a love square (not a triangle, but a square!).

I spent last weekend at the Sisters in Crime Writing Retreat and survived the flood of the Youghiogheny River in Confluence, PA. For proof, check out our president Annette Dashofy's blog.

This weekend is the New Kensington Rotary's annual fundraiser, Rotarama. Speaking of prom, I'll be wearing my junior prom dress. So glad it still fits.

Next weekend, I'll be driving east for the Lehigh Valley Write Stuff Conference. So I'll have a lot to blog about in coming days.

Check back for it!

No comments:

Post a Comment